Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Numbers Don't Lie
* Colin Kaepernick has attempted 150 passes so far in 2014. When passes that were thrown away (11) or dropped (9) are removed he has a completion rate of 75%. He has at least 1 touchdown pass in 15 straight games, including playoffs.
* Passer rating by wide receiver:
Anquan Boldin - 90.85
Michael Crabtree - 103.85
Brandon Lloyd - 40.47
Stevie Johnson - 141.89
* Brandon Lloyd leads all 49ers wide receivers in deep targets, throws over 20 yards. Of his 14 targets this season 7 have been over 20 yards.
* Frank Gore has given up only 1 quarterback pressure on 34 pass blocking snaps. This ranks him behind only Ahmad Bradshaw and Jacquizz Rodgers. Rookie Carlos Hyde has given up 2 pressures on 24 pass blocking snaps.
* 49ers offensive line has given up the 8th most pressures in the NFL and is ranked 27th in pass blocking efficiency. On the positive side they are ranked 2nd in running blocking.
* Ray McDonald is ranked 3rd among 3-4 defensive ends against the run. He has been responsible for the run stop on 12.5% of defensive run snaps.
* Rookie Aaron Lynch is ranked 12th in pass rush productivity among outside linebackers who have played at least 25% of their teams defensive snaps.
* Patrick Willis and Michael Wilhoite are tied for 23rd among inside linebackers with a run stop percentage of 8.6.
* Perrish Cox has allowed a 28.6 QB rating. Only Vontae Davis in Indianapolis has been better.
* Antoine Bethea has the second best overall grade among safeties at +8.6.
All numbers courtesy of ProFootballFocus