Here are 5 questions that 49ers fans should be looking for answers to during their week 5 matchup with the Buffalo Bills:
1) Will the 49ers be Jet lagged?
- The 49ers are coming off a 34-0 blowout win over the Jets. After their lone blowout win in 2011, it took a last second 4th down TD by Delanie Walker to pull out a victory over the previously unbeaten Lions. With a 2-2 Bills team coming to town the team will need to be mentally sharp to stay up for this one, especially with the defending Super Bowl champions coming up next week.
2) Who will sit if Brandon Jacobs is added to the 46 man game day roster?
- It appears that Jacobs is poised to make his return after suffering a knee injury during the 49ers preseason game with the Houston Texans. The first guess would be 3rd TE Garrett Celek who has dressed for the last 2 games, however the Bills have struggled against the run and Celek could be used as an extra blocker as he was last week.
3) Will the passing offense get back on track?
- For the most part Smith has played well the last 2 weeks, with the exception of some accuracy issues. He has been exceptional at home, and it will be interesting to see how he performs this week.
4) Will the 49ers Defense keep the Bills under 24 points?
- The Bills have scored no fewer than 24 points in any of their 4 games this season. They have yet to face a defense the caliber of the 49ers however.
5) Will Aldon Smith and Ray McDonald take advantage of the Bills backup lineman?
- Buffalo will be without starting LT Cordy Glenn and RG Kraig Urbik this week. The ability of Smith and McDonald to win these matchups will play a key factor in the 49ers D becoming the first team to keep the Bills under 24 points this season.
Prediction Time! The 49ers win by a score of 20-14. The defense is just too tough for the Bills to score over 20, and the 49ers run offense will help them dominate the time of possession battle.